Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Macanudo 1968


My Uncle Tom's memorial service was last weekend.

He was a great man and I miss him every time I smoke.

I have him to thank for my love of cigars and specifically my first brand love: Macanudo.

I specifically began that love with the Macanudo Portifino. It is a great starter cigar for any of you thinking about venturing into the world of cigars.

From there I sampled pretty much every Mac I could get my hands on. A favorite of mine is the Hampton Court. mmm...

A while back Macanudo announced the release of a new cigar the 1968 (you guys need to click on these links. The 1968 website is awesome and they have a video that tells you all about it. You wont regret it I promise.). Needless to say I've been excited about it for a while now.

The 1968 is a cigar made to commemorate when General Cigar bought the Temple Hall factory in Jamaica. Its a limited edition cigar with only four sizes: Churchill, Gigante, Toro and Robusto.

When my friends and I went to the Cigar and Hookah Cafe a few weeks back they had the robustos in stock and once I mopped up the drool I hastily bought one.

Inexpensive for such a delicious cigar guys. It was $6.99. You really can't beat that with a stick.

I hadn't planned on saving the cigar for anything in particular, but it just so happened that before I could smoke it, Uncle Tom's memorial service came around. It was a t-shirt and jeans affair with a motorcycle procession. Beautiful. It was amazing to see all the love everyone had for him.

Anyway, after the service and reception was the long trip back home (did I mention we were in Stewartstown, PA for the service? No?). What better time to enjoy this delicious cigar? I can't think of one either.

"But the wind! The burn!" I thought I heard you say.

I know, I know.

The burn was uneven as a result of the wind and so it looked bad. But the taste was great and Uncle Tom approved.

You all should go buy a Macanudo, pick any cigar they make, and light it up.



Think of my Uncle Tom when you do.




Keep em Lit!

No comments:

Post a Comment