Sunday, June 6, 2010

I pretty much lassoed a tree today


So yeah, I actually took pictures and I have the camera with me now. What I don't have is the magical cord that connects the camera to the computer and makes it so I can share the amazing pictures with you.

My old lady said the cord was in the file cabinet, but the cabinet has obviously since grown a black hole into which all things cord-like have fallen.

So, you'll have to settle with amazing description by yours truly! (Its probably more epic this way)

FIRST!

We moved into a new apartment recently... did I already tell you all that? Let me go check... nope!

So yeah, it's pretty sweet. The porch (and the apartment) are on the third floor. There are pine trees behind us and they are awesome!

Except for a few dead branches knocked loose by whatever storm knocked them loose.

The needles are brown and not quite as pretty.

Every time I'm outside on the porch for a smoke or a hang out with others who are smoking I look at it and think to myself: "I wish I had a lasso so I could rip that branch out of the tree."

Today, while smoking an El Artista Bambina, I looked at the branch and I thought to myself: "I wish I had a lasso so I could rip that branch out of the t..."

Inspiration!

I have rope.

I have sweet knot tying skills.

I'm going to construct a lasso so I can rip that branch out of that tree.

It wasn't an actual lasso. I actually started a daisy-chain at one end and doubled it over to provide the weight. (So visualize a chain about a foot long folded in half and tied that way) The weighted part turned out to be about the size of my fist.

So I began trying to lasso the tree. It took five throws but I eventually got it hooked on one of the dead branch's lower branches and maneuvered it to within reach of the porch.

Success!

I posed for pictures with it like it was a giant fish I caught. Pictures I wish I could have shown you!

Damn black hole.

Ok onto the cigar stuff:
This El Artista Bambina was great! My cigars have been hanging out with each other in the Humidor and it shows. The flavour was great and the burn was amazing. It stayed even down to the end.

During the smoke I hung out with Kal-El. It was conversation with her that led up to the tree branch incident. I believe it went something like this:

Me: "You know, every time I'm out here and I see that branch I think to myself, 'I wish I had a lasso so I could rip that branch out of the tree'."

The Man of Steel: "Me too!"

Me: "I think I have some rope..."

The rest, as they say, was history.

If I can find that cord, I'll post the pictures later.
Found It! (By found it I mean my old lady just handed it to me)

Until then,


Keep Em Lit!

1 comment:

  1. I may have that chord; there was one in that camera bag that Sonia gave me that doesn't go with the camera.

    Also, awesome.

    ReplyDelete