Sunday, July 11, 2010

The long overdue "Charlie's going away smoke" post



Apologies for the length of time between posts however I have excuses! I'll line them up for you right now:

1) I'm a math major. Until last week I was taking both Calculus and Discrete Mathematics during the summer seven week semester. It was rough. Then I dumped Discrete Mathematics because I couldn't deal with all of her problems. Calculus understands me better anyway. But I was doing homework nonstop when I wasn't sleeping or in class (not sleeping in class).

2) I've been LARPing/ preparing to LARP and that took up a lot of my free time when I should have been/could have been writing this blog... but it was WORTH IT!!!!

3) My computer caught a nasty virus and I had to reboot windows onto my computer, causing me to lose a ton of stuff that I stupidly forgot to back up

4) I didn't feel like it.

Onto the blog:

As per usual, I didn't have the camera so I don't have pictures of this great time, but you'll have to take my word for it, it was awesome.

"Who was there?" I thought I heard you ask?

Here is a sweet list of the people there:

The usual suspects:
Kal-EL - All hail the man of steel
Charlie - Duh, her party
James Howlett - "Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?" -Mallrats
The Gimp - she wasn't actually there but she was on the phone and was there in spirit.

The new guys:
My Number One Fan (#1) - Yeah you're in the blog!
El Presidente - Looking relaxed as per usual
Mr. President - That's right, the Trifecta of President's were there
Jew Lightning - His first time around the Cigar Freak at his best
2 Chicks and 2 Dudes - I didn't know you guys but Charlie did so yay for you, but you don't get cool nicknames. The Cigar Freak is flexing his dictator-like will upon the blogs.

Ok! For this auspicious occasion I was excited because I knew what i wanted to smoke. On my last visit to the Cigar and Hookah Cafe I noticed they carried the cigar brand Nub.

Yeah!

Now for those of you who don't know, The gentleman who created Nub was onto something. It is a well accepted notion that the last two smoke-able inches of a cigar are the best-- the Nub, capitalizing on this-- is only about three inches long.

Get it?

It's all the best part baby! Yeah!

The best thing is that I've also heard it smokes like a much longer cigar so one Nub will last you about the same amount of time.

I'm pumped!

So, I go to get a Nub from the humidor with Kal-El and #1 and I was telling them about how much I wanted to smo-- OUT! They're out of them! What? What the! Fuck!

I think at this moment I probably sighed.

Sigh.

Ah well, there's plenty more cigars there for me to peruse.

I settled on The El Baton Classico Robusto which was rated 91 by Cigar Aficionado. It was also pretty cheap. Like $6.00 ish?

Here's what I have to say about it:

The smoke started out good. It ended up GREAT at the end. Yum! I definitely recommend these bad boys. They burn pretty evenly throughout the smoke and ashed about two inches in. The only issue I had with it was the wrapper was coming apart underneath of where the wrapper had been. I kept licking it down but it would dry out pretty quickly and return to being a nuisance. Other than that it was delicious and a great smoke.

So hookahs were smoked, cigars were smoked and it was a delicious time. Before we left I ventured once more into the humidor and found a cigar called Everyday Joe. It was only $3.49. (I haven't smoked it yet.) The guy at the counter (also known as the owner--who is awesome by the way) knew the cigar by sight even though it had no wrapper. He said he loves them and smokes them all of the time. Yes! I love this place.

So yeah, Charlie's been gone for EVER! She's coming back in a few weeks but come on already!

Get back here so we can share another smoke woman!

And #1, you have the bridge. (I've always wanted to say that.)



Keep em Lit!


1 comment:

  1. And #1, you have the bridge. (I've always wanted to say that.)

    not bad enough to show how nerdy you are by saying that you have been too busy with LARP stuff to write a blog you have to throw the star trek quote in there... lol...

    ya kno i luv ya... even if you are super nerdy... haha...

    I really tried to get there other than by phone and in spirit...

    ReplyDelete