Thursday, April 29, 2010

I've been thinking

You will be upset to know that I did not smoke a cigar last night.

"Awww." I thought I heard you say.

I know right? But look, I'll have one tonight and all will be well with the world. Instead I have something serious to talk to you about: My humidor.

Specifically the
humidifier (note: this link is not to the humidifier I have, its to the humidifier I need). Its not working properly. I'm getting upset. I'll have to buy another one soon. Luckily I bought some of that great gel (not the Thompson's system that I'll be getting when I'm done with this) and it seems to be keeping humidity in the humidor for the time being.

You have to understand. This is a big issue. A humidor with a malfunctioning humidifier is just an expensive box.

Dry-Stale cigars are just as bad as Wet-moldy cigars. Well, maybe not as bad as moldy, but either way their ruined. If you've checked out the humidor link I put up you'll know that the inside of a humidor is a micro-climate that keeps the cigars living in a perfect humid atmosphere.

I need to get a new humidifier and fast! I want my tobacco wrapped friends to be comfortable and enjoying life before I burn them mercilessly for my enjoyment. (
Don't worry, I'm as humane as I can be.)

Really what I need is a larger humidor.

Really what I want is this one. Right here! This one! Oh Yeah! You know you like it! Look at how pretty it is! And cheap! And it comes with bundles of cigars! And all of that room! I'm making due with a fifty count humidor now and its not enough. (
On the bright side it assures that if I want to keep fresh cigars I'll need to smoke them quickly.)

That being said. The question becomes do I spend $30.00 on a humidifier for the humidor I have (
which is obviously too small) or try to scrounge up $100.00 for the humidor I want (which comes with cigars as well). This question is further made interesting by the fact that I am usually extremely broke.

But... We can't let all of these fine cigars got to waste. So I'll have to do one of them. This is a touch decision. (and by touch I mean tough. Yes I realize I could have easily deleted the ch and put a gh in it's place but c'mon, admit you like this better.)

I will have a delicious cigar tonight, either the aforementioned Don Lugo (
who escaped its fate last night due to me being exhausted), or the La Gloria Cubana that is waiting right next to it.

I love having to make delicious decisions.

Ok. I know I use Thompson Links often, but they're just good people. They do what they can to make sure you are satisfied and their deals are great! So don't judge me.


Let me know what you think I should do about this humidor situation in the comments section below and as always:


Keep em Lit!

2 comments:

  1. Buy it!! Your writing for the Examiner! Treat your self!
    -Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well i spend hundreds of dollars on makeup, so you know i say buy it LOL

    ReplyDelete